Dave is now on --- (Please click the Facebook logo to get to Dave's page). He will be providing you comments on city issues that are important to you. He will also be alerting you to the progress of his April 2015 campaign run.
"An Independent Voice on our City Council. Not a politician, but a public servant!"
Councilman and former Mayor Dave Weaver, a native of Glendale, has always had the best interests of Glendale at heart in arriving at his council decisions. Most people in our city believe that about him.
Since Dave was elected in 1997, he has been re-elected four times and has now served 18 years, the longest serving councilperson in Glendale’s 108 year history. He has served as Mayor, Redevelopment Chair and Housing Chair more than once. He also has and continues to serve on the Bob Hope Airport Authority as a commissioner. In addition, he has served on various boards that are actively working for the betterment of Glendale.
Dave has supported policies and issues that have improved the quality of life for the residents and businesses of Glendale. As he likes to say, “I am pro homeowner, pro business and pro Glendale.”
Dave is respected by community members for his honesty, credibility and independent decisions he makes every day. His decisions at council meetings are based on doing his homework on issues, asking questions and formulating his positions which he articulates in a public setting. He responds to community members on issues of their concern and provides them with directions on how to resolve their concerns.
In the November 8, 2014 edition of the Glendale News Press, Dave was noted as "The Best Local Politician of 2014".
- AMERICANA AT BRAND
- DREAMWORKS CAMPUS
- DISNEY IMAGINEERING CAMPUS
- SPORTS COMPLEX
- PACFIC EDISON SCHOOL JOINT AGENCY PROJECT
- ADULT RECREATION CENTER
- BRAND BOULEVARD OF CARS DEALER IMPROVEMENTS SUCH AS BMW AND LEXUS
- NEW POLICE DEPARTMENT BUILDING
- NEW STATE-OF-THE-ART DNA LAB
- ARTIFICIAL TURF ATHLETIC FIELDS
- INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS OF STREETS, SIDEWALKS, UTILITIES, & PARKS
- 5 NEW MINI PARKS
- 94 NEW HOME OWNERSHIP DWELLING UNITS
- 506 AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNITS
- OVER 3,000 SECTION 8 HOUSING UNITS PER YEAR
- FIRST SMOKING ORDINANCE
- DOWNTOWN SPECIFIC PLAN TO REGULATE DEVELOPMENT
- REZONING OF EAST BROADWAY
- POSITIVE MODIFICATIONS TO HILLSIDE ORDINANCE
- NEGOTIATED ADJUSTMENTS TO SALARIES, PENSION & HEALTH BENEFITS FOR CITY EMPLOYEES
- SAN FERNANDO ROAD AREA REZONING & REDEVELOPMENT AREA CREATION
- ALTERNATIVE ENERGY PROJECTS TO FOSTER CLEANER AIR
- HISTORIC DISTRICTS
- ALMOST 540 ACRES OPEN SPACE ACQUISITIONS
Back to top